For Monocle Winter Issue. I also wrote some thumbnails to explain this a bit :)
1) This Christmas treat yourself well and revisit one of the television classics.
2) In the UK Christmas businesses used to close down for twelve days during 1500 and Puritans thought that this was both a waste and a sin and they banned Christmas for a decade.
3) Forget summer. Be a responsible tourist and visit in winter for an undiluted Athenian experience. It’s cheaper and cooler but it’s also far more charming
4) Forget glitzy chalets, it’s the family-owned Alpine stopovers that hit the highest heights
5) “Heise” Japan’s imperial era means “realization of peace” and Emperor Akihito was the ruler of it. he represents compassion, honesty and kindness; he has become the symbol of the nation. But he is due to abdicate at the end of April 2019. Peace!
6) What means “Fog of war” during the Era of Social Media.